Saturday, February 7, 2009

"Miss" in Concert

I'm sure you have all heard of the rock band "Kiss", well I joined the spin off, "Miss." We had our debut December 19 at the faculty assembly at Uintah High School.

We lipsynced "I Want to Rock 'n Roll All Night." There were helpers in the balcony that threw streamers into the audience when we started singing.

I have to admit the audience thought we were pretty awesome! Our groupies even rushed the stage and the school cop had to keep them back.
None of us can stick our tongues out as far as Gene Simmons, so we made fake tongues and glued them to party "blow outs." We blew them at the end of the performance--that was as close as we could get.

After the "tongue sticking out" was over, one of our group members smashed her guitar on stage. The audience loved it!!! Then, we threw candy as we ran down the aisles, and out the back doors of the auditorium.

Later that day, some studentes came to get our signatures on the guitar. I'm not exactly sure what happened to it after that.

I think some of my students were shocked when it dawned on them that I was a member of the band.














4 comments:

Hope said...

What in the WORLD??? Is that MY piano teacher under that KISS costume????

Very entertaining!

Kathy said...

Oh my goodness, I didn't know there was a rock star inside you wanting to get out. Is your new job bringing out your wild side? Does your bishop know about this? Oh yeah, he probably took the pics.

Heidi said...

Hahahaha!!!! Those are great!!! I am soooooo glad that you found your camera!!! Plus I know that you really enjoyed dressing up like a rock star....

Heidi said...

We are "miss"-ing you.......